Monday 8 October 2012

Intertextuality

The start of my music video can be referenced too the opening of "The kids we used to be" by Your Demise. My opening shot is of Tom waking up, rubbing his eyes and checking his phone, and if you watch the first minute of this music video you will see the similarities between my idea and the footage being played. This video influenced me as it relates to the words being sung but also the genre could be linked with our band that were using. The idea that the camera is representing the mirror and filming the singer is also being used in our music video but too highlight the emotions on the main singers face. Typically in music videos of this genre the main singer addresses the audience straight on, by looking into the camera which gives the effect of them singing to us.

1 comment:

  1. The music video you posted reminds me of the sitcom "Boys Behaving Badly"!!! I like the idea of the camera standing in for a mirror. A convention of music videos is the artist/lead singer directly addressing the audience.

    ReplyDelete