Tuesday 27 November 2012

Editing and Changing Music Video.

After spending a few weeks editing my music video, and playing around with its order; I got opinions of classmates and my teacher and decided that it is too complicated to have 2 plotlines within the video, thus I am now focusing soley on the dramatic story line of the nightmare between the boy and the girl. I think this is a much more interesting approach as it will allow me to concentrate much more on the tension that builds and create a atmosphere within the music video that will interest the audience more than a perfomance from the band.

I plan to do more shooting as I have cut the perfomance out of my music video completely and shoot the girl (Jess) inside the house, which is where we first saw the boy, adding a element of confusion for the audience, to question whether this nightmare is true or not? I will shoot close up shots of her to add dramatic effect and highlight the emotions in play.

I thought of an idea that consists of shooting with the girl upclose at the start of the music video and as it progresses, her background widens and you get a whole picture at the end. This would be vice versa for the boy, beginning with midlength shots of him and at the end you would see his face close up which would allow the audience to identify his feelings. I think this would be a good idea as it has to the mystery of the music video. It would also symbolise that the boy is being trapped by the girl, an idea that she is "closing in on him"

1 comment:

  1. A rather complicated post.
    You need to post as soon as possible: All planning needs to be evaluated and linked to similar bands/genre.
    Shotlist
    Story Board
    Pics of locations
    Casting

    Because you have not storyboarded your music video, (unless you have a hard copy still in your folder) nor done a shot list this has resulted in some wobbly editing decisions.

    Planning at the moment is incomplete.

    ReplyDelete